Hey All! Since school is over, I have begun working away at my list of things I’d like to do this summer. One of the things that I wanted to do was to recover my sketch journal.
Mark me, there is nothing wrong with the normal cover, but why leave it plain if you have the time to make it pretty.
Sadly, this is not my favorite sketch pad, but I am sure it will grow to be. My absolute favorite sketch book is missing which irritates me to no end, so I won’t dwell on it. It is just my favorite cause it has all the drawings that I consider “good” and I liked ’em a lot. This journal has some okay drawings….
Anyways, this is the best of what this journal contains, but I will be adding to it, so hopefully the quality will improve!
So, I decided to redecorate it! A few summers ago, my aunt taught us how to do a similar procedure. I took her ideas and ran with them.
I chose my paper and used Yes! paste to glue to the cover. (Yes! Paste is amazing!!)
Next, I found some quotes that I like from Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, Narnia, The Swan Princess video, as well as some scripture.
Then I painted the paper with a tad of white paint to mute the print. Then I placed the quotes on the sketch book and used modge podge to apply them and covered the book with it to “protect it”.
After the first coat I applied another layer of “the podge” just for good measure….
I like it a lot! 🙂 It is not the cutest it could be, but it is just perfect for me!
Here are the quotes I used:
- “And people laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas you have to use big words to express them, haven’t you?” Anne of Green Gables
- “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” Anne of Green Gables
- “It’s so far…” “It’s the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?” The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
- “‘Little Raphael,’ as her sisters called her, had a decided talent for drawing, and was never so happy as when copying flowers, designing fairies, or illustrating stories with queer specimens of art.” Little Women
- “Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh. The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.” Ecclesiastes 12: 12.13
- “What else is there? She says, “Is beauty all that matters?”, and you say, “What else is there?” “It was dumb. I know!” “You should write a book: How To Offend Women In Five Syllables or Less.” Swan Princess